Yesterday I saw some mushrooms in the supermarket. Now if you look at fact number 8 below, you will see I adore mushrooms. Well to see mushrooms in the shop, as apposed to mushrooms growing on my dirty socks, was quite exciting (we hardly EVER get them here) ....until I saw the price - K85 a kg!!
When they stood me upright (after giving me mouth-to-mouth), I grabbed a bag and gently placed 6 of the best ones (you can imagine the worst if these are the best!!) into it, and crept to the check-out; I was prepared at this stage to sell my old car to acquire these delicacies I might add. They cost me slightly more than I would have got for my car, but I just threw the cash at them and left.
We had them last night, thinly sliced on creamy pasta and pretended they were truffles; they cost about the same but didn't taste as good!!!
By the way I have been tagged by Marie at Montpellier Daily Photo. I normally don't do this sort of thing but this is for Marie!!!
Apparently - these are the rules.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs
Here's 8 Random (not too sure what RANDOM means) Facts about me:
1. I can’t think of 8 things to say. (Good now I have only 7 to think of)
2. I find animal cruelty extremely distressing. I have hand-raised a number of baby birds, and local kids bring sick and baby birds to me to look after, which is a lot better than what used to happen to them!!
3. I speak Pidgin English and French very poorly
4. I travel as often as possible but am allergic to planes. I can mange 3 hours and then I want to get out – no matter how many feet up we are. I break out in a nervous rash, start twitching, and become unpleasant to people sitting within a radius of 6 rows.
5. I have written a book, loosely based on food, friends, travel and family history.
6. Much to HWDB’s horror I collect baskets, artifacts, elephants, shoes, and jewelry!!
7. I come from a very musical family but it seems to have missed me. I do play music very well on my CD player though!!!
8. I adore mushrooms – see above.
Consider yourself tagged – I’d hate to list 8 people, because the ones I haven’t listed will think I think they couldn’t possibly have 8 interesting facts about them worth noting and then everyone will get upset and……… oh that is another fact about me – I hate it when people cry – it makes me weep too!!!!